What are our
- We believe the Bible is the inspired word of God. It is the only true authority and guide in matters of faith. Therefore, it is unique amongst all religious writings.
- We believe in the existence of three equal persons in the Godhead, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that humankind is sinful by nature and as such is not able to find its way back to God.
- We believe that Jesus died in our place and took the punishment for our sin, clearing the way for us to return to God.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit of God works in us, to convert us from our wrong ways and to make us fit for meeting God in his fullness. God has made us right with Himself. Because God freely justifies us in Christ we no longer have to justify ourselves. God is able to make us holy in all our ways, something that would be impossible for us to achieve on our own.
- We believe that God is able to keep us from falling away from Him and to present us perfect on the last day.We believe we are all individually responsible for our reaction to the good news of Jesus.We believe Jesus should be king of individual lives and is the supreme authority as the sole head of the church.
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead, both just and unjust.
- We believe that after death, everyone will be judged by Jesus Christ. Those who have repented and accepted the grace of God are right with God and will know eternal joy. Those who refuse to repent face eternal punishment.
What else do we believe?
- We believe, as a Baptist Church,
in Believer’s Baptism (link with Baptism page), which is the distinctive belief
of all Baptist churches. However our unity with other Christians is also
expressed through our membership of Churches Together, The Evangelical
Alliance and the Baptist Union of Great Britain
- We believe, that God’s leading is
expressed through its members. Therefore, we expect God to guide us when we
meet together for Member’s Meetings.