WEBSITE Privacy Notice
Data Controller: Trustees (minister and deacons) of Hoddesdon Baptist Church, Burford Street, Hoddesdon, Herts EN11 8HX United Kingdom.
Data Protection Officer: Church Secretary of above church.
Thank you for visiting the Hoddesdon Baptist Church website. The Church is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses the data we collect about you and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Your continued use of the church website means that you are happy for us to use your personal information as described in this notice. If you disagree with this notice, please feel free to continue to browse our website, but do not submit enquiries through them. Instead feel free to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to The Church Secretary, Hoddesdon Baptist Church, Burford Street, Hoddesdon, Herts EN11 8HX United Kingdom or by calling 01992 444720 (answerphone).
What information does the Church collect and why?
Website users have the option to use the ‘Contact Us’ web form, to ask a question, make a comment or make a request, e.g. to make a hall booking. We use your name and email or telephone provided on the web form to respond to any request made or to acknowledge receipt of your comment.
The legal basis for processing your data is that we have a legitimate interest to respond to those who contact the church.
The web form is forwarded directly to the Church Secretary’s personal email. Hall Booking queries are forwarded on to the Hall Bookings Managers’ personal email which is accessible by more than one personal computer device. Hall Booking requests are dealt with according to our Hall Bookings Privacy Notice, which is also available on this website. All other queries or comments are either addressed by the Church Secretary or forwarded to the Minister for their response.
Third Parties: We will never sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties. However third parties who may have access to personal information acquired through our website are:
· Those providing technical support when necessary. This will be a church volunteer.
· As when browsing any website, your computing device will also send your IP address and other device specific information to us
· Google Analytics collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns but we do not access this information.
· Although cookies are used for the smooth running of the website, we do not access any information stored by them.
· When you send an email to us, it bounces from server to server as it crosses the Internet. Along the way, server administrators can read what you send and we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur whilst data is being transferred. Email was not built for confidential information and is therefore not secure.
The Church will not transfer data outside the European Economic Area, except to respond to queries sent from abroad.
How does the Church protect data?
The Church takes the security of your data seriously. It makes every effort to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed to anyone who does not have the responsibility to view it. Computer devices are password and virus protected
Breaches of security:
If for some reason we experience a breach in our security, we will fulfil our legal obligation to inform the data protection supervisory authority, The UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) within 72 hours. We will inform you if there is a possibility that you might have been or you have been harmed by any breach.
General requests are deleted as soon as they are dealt with which is usually within a few days but no longer than a month. Every six months checks are carried out to confirm that none have been overlooked.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require the Church to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the Church to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; (unless retention is required for legal reasons) and
- object to the processing of your data where the Church is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, or otherwise complain about the way we are processing your data, please contact by email at email@example.com or by post to The Church Secretary, Hoddesdon Baptist Church, Burford Street, Hoddesdon, Herts EN11 8HX United Kingdom or by calling 01992 444720 (answerphone). We will make every effort to respond to you within 7 days and no later than within than 30 days. You also have the right to lodge your complaint with the data protection supervisory authority, The UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who can be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling .Hoddesdon Baptist Church is a registered Charity: 1131809
- Hoddesdon Baptist Church
- Burford Street
- EN11 8HX
Hall Bookings (01992) 444720