Lettings Privacy Notice
Data Controller: Trustees (minister and deacons) of Hoddesdon Baptist Church, Burford Street, Hoddesdon, Herts EN11 8HX United Kingdom.
Lettings Managers: Lesley and Russ Morgan, 07708 928088
Hoddesdon Baptist Church is pleased to offer our premises to be used for the benefit of the community. The church is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses any data that it collects when hiring out its premises and to meeting its data protection obligations.
What information does the church collect?
The church collects the following information about you:
· your name, address and contact details, including email address and/or telephone number;
· details of the organisation you represent (if applicable)
· the name of the person supervising the activity
· the requirements of the booking: dates and times etc.
The church may collect this information in a variety of ways. For example, via telephone answering machine, text message, email, through hiring agreements (one-off bookings) and through annual contracts (regular bookings only).
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including the church telephone answering machine, paper records and in the various computing devices of the members of the church with responsibility for dealing with any aspects of the hiring of our premises.
Why does the church process the data?
The church needs to process this data to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you and, if you proceed with the booking, to enter into a contract with you. The church also needs to process your data to ensure that it is complying with its statutory obligations e.g. for audit purposes.
The church will not use your data for any purpose other than to fulfil the terms of its contract with you.
Who has access to the data?
Your information will be shared only with those members of the church responsible for dealing with any aspect of your booking. This includes the Hall Booking Managers, the Church Treasurer, Book-keeper and church members who may bank your payment(s), the person responsible for setting the church heating for your hire and the Church Secretary and Minister who both have access to the church e-calendar where your booking will be logged.
The church will never sell, distribute, or lease personal information to third parties, although the church auditors may see some booking forms and evidence of cheque payments in the execution of their duties.
All computing transactions can give third party access to your data:
· When you browse any website, it is likely that your computing device will also send information to us, such as your IP address and other device specific information.
· When you send an email, it bounces from server to server as it crosses the Internet. Along the way, server administrators can read what you send and we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur whilst data is being transferred.
· Depending on your method of payment; automated banking methods may give third parties access to details of your transaction.
· IT support may also have access to data in executing their responsibilities.
How does the church protect data?
The church is a charitable organisation made up of voluntary members, which means data is processed in members’ homes. All members encrypt the data and store paper files securely. Every effort is made to ensure your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed and is not accessed by anyone other than those who have a right to do so. The church will not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area.
For how long does the church keep data?
Phone enquiries to the church office are passed on to the Lettings Managers; old messages are deleted regularly.
Email enquiries via the church website are forwarded to the Church Secretary who forwards them to the Lettings Managers. The Church Secretary usually deletes these immediately.
One-off Bookings: The Lettings Managers delete:
· enquiries which do not result in a booking: after one month;
· bookings which take place: three months after the event;
· hiring agreements, which are retained for audit purposes, annually.
Regular Weekly/Monthly Bookings: The Lettings Managers delete:
· email communications: every six months
· phone text communications: every year (this is because the i-phone does not provide a shorter option between one month and one year)
· annual contracts: when the next contract is signed
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
· access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
· require the church to change incorrect or incomplete data;
· require the church to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the Church Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org Every effort will be made to respond to you within 7 days. You also have the right to lodge your complaint with the data protection supervisory authority, The UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who can be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling
What if you do not provide personal data?
You are under no obligation to provide the data requested, however we are unable to enter into a contract with you unless you do so.
This privacy notice is effective from May 2018. It will be reviewed regularly and updated when necessary.
Hoddesdon Baptist Church is a registered Charity: 1131809
- Hoddesdon Baptist Church
- Burford Street
- EN11 8HX
Hall Bookings (01992) 444720